By purchasing the “Website TLC Package” with Muze Digital, you accept that the following forms a contract between Muze Digital and yourself as the CLIENT for the purposes of website hosting and maintenance.
Website TLC Package Terms & Conditions
1. The CLIENT acknowledges that while care is taken for maximum uptime, MUZE DIGITAL cannot guarantee that there will be no interruptions of the hosting service or website downtime as a result of server maintenance or errors. MUZE DIGITAL will endeavour to inform the CLIENT of any scheduled updates or maintenance as notified by the hosting supplier. The CLIENT agrees that MUZE DIGITAL will not be held responsible for any losses, financial or otherwise, incurred as a result of website downtime.
2. Unless otherwise stated, the services included in the monthly “Website TLC Package” are as follows:
i) Websites will be kept updated to the latest version of WordPress to ensure optimum functioning and security.
ii) Websites theme files will be updated to the latest versions as they are released.
iii) Plugins updated as new versions are released. For more information, see #3 below.
iv) Weekly backups of website files and database will be uploaded to cloud storage in the unlikely event that the website is compromised.
v) Additional design and development work, such as content updates, graphic design, installation of additional plugins, copywriting or integration of new functionality, will be offered at the discounted rate of $70.00 per hour (normally $80.00). Work is quoted in half-hour blocks and will be entered into the production schedule once full payment is received.
vi) Access to a knowledgebase with tutorial articles and videos on how to use the WordPress CMS, as well as basic email and screensharing support subject to fair use. Additional CMS training is billable at the hourly rate of $80.00.
3. Where the CLIENT has requested additional functionality in the form of plugins, where applicable, plugin subscription fees are not included in the monthly hosting fee and will be invoiced separately.
If a third-party plugin malfunctions or causes website errors due to an update incompatibility or otherwise, MUZE DIGITAL will liaise with the plugin developer for a fix. MUZE DIGITAL will not be held responsible for site errors or breakages caused by third-party plugins. In the event that the developer cannot assist or is unresponsive, any investigation and remedying of such errors will be billed at the hourly rate of $80.00. MUZE DIGITAL cannot guarantee that the error will be fixed and the plugin may be removed as a final option. A replacement will be installed by MUZE DIGITAL upon the approval of the CLIENT free of charge, with any purchase or subscription fees payable by the CLIENT.
4. There are several options for email accounts, outlined below:
i) Emails configured in Google Apps, with one email account and unlimited aliases included in the monthly hosting fee. Additional accounts will be charged at $5 each per month. MUZE DIGITAL will assist with the configuration of email accounts on devices such as smartphones and in email software such as Outlook.
ii) Use of a free Gmail account created by the CLIENT, linked by MUZE DIGITAL to your domain email, configured by MUZE DIGITAL. MUZE DIGITAL is under no obligation to assist with the configuration of email accounts on devices such as smartphones and in email software such as Outlook. Support will be directed to Google.
iii) Keeping emails where they are currently hosted. The CLIENT will liaise with the hosting company to obtain the correct settings for MUZE DIGITAL to configure email routing. The CLIENT will also be responsible for liaising with the hosting company for configuration of email accounts on devices such as smartphones and in email software such as Outlook. MUZE DIGITAL is under no obligation to offer support for externally-hosted email accounts.
iv) Use of webmail, either through browser-based software or email software such as Outlook or Apple Mail. While knowledgebase articles are provided on the use of most popular email applications, MUZE DIGITAL is under no obligation to offer support, training or error investigation for webmail or third-party software. If the client elects this option for emails they agree that any support for third-party software must be directed to the software company.
v) Use of an existing email address not linked to the website domain.
5. Included in the hosting fee is 2GB of disk space and 30GB of monthly data transfer. Additional space and bandwidth can be purchased for additional costs.
6. Domain name renewals are not included in the monthly hosting fee, and will be invoiced separately.
7. If the client has also purchased web development services, Website TLC Package fees are payable along with the final balance invoice, and the hosting term begins once payment is received. Hosting fees are billed quarterly.
8. In the event that hosting fees are unpaid, reminders shall be sent one week and two weeks after the due date. In the event that the invoice is still outstanding fourteen (14) days after the due date, the website and email services will be suspended until payment is received.
9. In the event that the CLIENT wishes to move their website to a different hosting provider, they must make a request in writing. MUZE DIGITAL will provide website and database files for installation once all payments have been settled. Website migration assistance will be billed at the hourly rate of $80.00. MUZE DIGITAL will not be held responsible for anomalies in third-party hosting, and in the event of any errors the CLIENT will contact their hosting provider for support. Any remaining hosting time is payable to the end of the calendar month regardless of when the website is moved.
11. The CLIENT agrees to abide by the terms set out in MUZE DIGITAL’s Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these terms or the terms of this Agreement will result in the immediate termination of website hosting and the forfeit of any remaining fees already paid.
12. In the event that MUZE DIGITAL is hosting a website built or accessed by a third-party developer, the CLIENT agrees that MUZE DIGITAL will not be held responsible for any site errors or breakages that occur as a result of this access. The CLIENT agrees to liaise with the third-party developer for assistance, or pay MUZE DIGITAL the hourly rate of $80.00 to investigate any errors.
13. The CLIENT agrees that MUZE DIGITAL will not be held responsible for any site errors or breakages due to CLIENT actions in regards to the website and Content Management System backend, and the investigation of any errors will be billed at the hourly rate of $80.00. As a last resort the website may be reinstated from a backup.
14. MUZE DIGITAL reserves the right to amend, update or change these terms at any time. The CLIENT will be alerted to major changes to these terms and conditions in writing prior to these changes taking effect.
15. MUZE DIGITAL reserves the right to terminate website hosting at any time. In this event MUZE DIGITAL will provide two (2) weeks’ written notice, refund of any remaining fees paid for the current hosting period, and assistance with migration of website to another host.